Does Caffeine Help or Hurt Our Skin?
Would you categorize yourself as a habitual tea or coffee drinker? Well, guess what, tomorrow is International Coffee Day, so let's seize the moment and explore some truths about caffeine.
Are you curious about the benefit or harsh reality of caffeine's effect on the skin?
DOES CAFFEINE HELP OR HURT OUR SKIN?
- Caffeine is a stimulant that energizes and offers a boost to your skin and body.
- Caffeine is a molecule with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties so when applied topically, it improves circulation while also detoxifying your skin.
- Caffeine can help relieve puffiness or swelling by promoting healthier microcirculation.
- Caffeine is an effective bioactive ingredient that when applied topically, helps fight dimpled cellulite-stricken areas. It helps by stimulating the enzymes that break down fat cells and in return softens the area to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Caffeine is a stimulant and a diuretic. This means that every time you consume it, your body loses water. Dehydration can lead to daytime exhaustion, and can also negatively affect the condition of your skin, leaving it dry and vulnerable to premature aging.
- Too much caffeine intake can affect your sleep schedule. The skin mends itself overnight, and sleep deprivation can compromise its natural regeneration abilities. Consequently, this can lead to an increase in cortisol production, which can trigger acne breakouts.
WELLNESS TIP - Double up your water intake for every cup of coffee or tea you drink to offset any potential dehydration and to keep your naturally energy levels elevated.
CAFFEINE PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT