Skin Hydration Tips to Keep Your Skin Quenched
What comes to your mind when you think about hydrated skin?
Is it dewy skin, or thirsty skin or do you go as far as imagine a big round water molecule just splurging against your skin?
Hydrated skin is ideally satisfied from both the inside and out.
Drink at least 6-8 glasses of H2O (water) a day to keep your skin water hydrated.
Exfoliate your skin 1-2 times a week, depending on your skin, thinner skin once a week, thicker or large-pored skin, two times a week. The outer most layer of the epidermis is known as the stratum corneum also known as the corny layer, it acts as the moisture protecting barrier for the skin.
By routinely exfoliating the corny layer, you prevent the excess accumulation of dead skin cell, and you optimize penetration and efficacy from the rest of your skin care products.
Make sure your skin care products have humectant ingredients.
A humectant is a type of ingredient that attracts hydration from external elements and pulls it to the skin. Naturally, the easiest and most readily available source of outside hydration is from the air.
Top 3 Humectant Favorites:
- Hyaluronic Acid - exists in the periphery of our skin but depletes over time. Hyaluronic acid is large super hydrating molecule that can hold 1000 times its own weight.
- Sodium PCA - derived from proline amino acid. Sodium PCA conditions, hydrates the skin and helps lock in moisture.
- Aloe Vera - a powerful skin cocktail rich with more than 200 phyto-nutrients, vitamins and antioxidants. Mucopolysaccharides bind moisture into the skin.
Nature Pure Top 4 Hydration Boosters
- CELL REVIVAL SERUM
- HIPPOPHAE HYDRATION BALM
- HYDRAVITA SKIN RESTORING GEL
- BLACK CURRANT VITA-GEL HYDRA-MASQUE